Search
subbanner
Home > About Us > School History and Milestones

School History and Milestones

School History

1941.jpg
Peiying Primary School, formerly known as Poi Eng Public School, is one of the oldest schools in Nee Soon.

The history of Peiying can be traced back to 1919 when the famous philanthropist, Lim Nee Soon, set up Fa Chu School at Jalan Ulu Seletar. Fa Chu School was later moved to Kangkar and renamed Zang Hua School. 

In January, 1941, the school merged with Qi Zhi School to form Poi Eng Public School which was then located at Upper Thomson Road (next to the former Seletar Institute).  Poi Eng Public School was supported by the local community and provided education to the Chinese children in Nee Soon.    

1988.jpgIn 1987, Poi Eng Public School was relocated to Yishun Ring Road, became a Government school and renamed as Peiying Primary School. In Chinese, ‘Poi Eng’ or ‘Pei Ying’ means ‘to nurture citizens for nation building’.  

While waiting for the completion of the new school building in Yishun Ring Road, Peiying held classes at Chongfu Primary School for nine months. In 1988, the new $4.69 million school building was completed. It was equipped with 36 classrooms, music room, art & craft room, language rooms, extra-curricular rooms, computer room and a dental clinic. The 2-in-1 canteen cum hall building had a lantern-like squarish roof-top that allowed natural light into the school hall. The compound also housed two outdoor basketball courts, a car park which doubled up as the assembly area and a school field shared with the neighbouring secondary school.  

In 1998, an Adventure Tower was installed in the school compound and accentuated the emphasis on Outdoor Adventure as part of the holistic education that Peiying delivers. From 2001 to 2003, Peiying Primary School went through the PRIME upgrading and a new block of classrooms was added. 2018 marked the completion of an Indoor Sports Hall through the PERI Upgrading project.  
2018.jpg





















 Principals:
 Mr Ng Keng Song (1987 to 1995)
 Mr Ong Kian Hin (1996 -2000)
 Mrs Yip Moh Ching (2001 -2007)
 Mrs Therasa Hong (2008 to 2013)
 Mr K. Govindan (2014 to Present)

Milestones

milestones.JPG